Google have set up a page where you can see many information about hurricane sandy.
Sandy is a category-1 hurricane that is expected to bring life-threatening flooding to the US mid-Atlantic coast and hurricane-force winds from Virginia to Massachusetts, Monday evening and into Tuesday.
You can see the following option or you can omit them this will give you more
- Storm: Current locaiton
- Storm: Forecast track
- Storm: 3-day forecast cone
- Storm surge probability: over 6 feet
- Active emergency shelters (us)
- Weather rada (precioutation
- Cloud imagery
- Webcam and YouTube videos
- Weather and observations
- Public alerts
- Hurricane evacuation routes (us)
- Traffic conditions
- State of Florida content
here is the page link http://google.org/crisismap/sandy-2012
leave us a comment if you have more info about the hurricane
Are you getting a new phone, do you get and iPhone or an Android based phone? The Latest iPhone has the IOS6 installed where as the latest android is 4.1.2. Both operating systems/ phones are very good and have the essentials. I will try listing below the options that defer them from each others maybe I can help you choose what’s best for you.
- If you live in the “Eco system” of apple (Mac, ipad, ipod,apple TV) you definitely have to stop thinking about it and go get yourself an iPhone no Matter what are the pros or the cons.
- The apple store is one of the richest in applications, you are able to find anything you thinking about and you can be sure that all the applications there are good since everything is pre moderated.
- Push notification center is a bit better then others , specially that you can mute apps specifically without stopping it’s sync
- 1 phone to choose from
- If connected to the car kit and you click on use phone, it will remember to use phone next time the phone ring, of course if you reconnect it will go back to normal. it’s a very helpful feature if you have people with you in the car
- If you like accessing the files on your phone ( phone can be a USB )
- If you use the cell phone for navigation ( google maps ), since apple messed up their maps navigation in the latest IOS
- You like help in your daily rout to home or work , public place,sport results etc .. (only available in android 4.1+ google now)
- Synchronizing you data is more easy on android than iPhone (personal opinion)
- Range of phones you can choose from Nexus(by google) , Samsung , Motorola , LG, HTC and many many others
- If you like to customize your home screen, widgets and application icons
- If you like to open flash movies or see flash videos on your phone
- If you like to use NFC, but it’s not available in all devices
- If you like to have removable battery and storage
- Wireless app installation, install application to you phone from your computer
- Bluetooth connection with other devices
Above is my experience with both lines of phones, please leave in the comments other points you can think of and we can update this post.
You like it, it’s logical share it
With its many gadgets, the Swiss Army Knife is versatile and useful
From Joel Baglole
Although mainly used among European militaries, one of the most versatile tools carried by soldiers in the field is the popular Swiss Army Knife.
Continue reading “The Swiss Army Knife – A Multi-Tool for Soldiers”
Global Warming , everyone is talking about this topic lately. we all know that carbon emission is the cause of global warming but let us talk about the results of global warming. Continue reading “Global Warming triggering an Ice Age”
We will discuss an easy way to get your android device download the OTA(Over The Air) OS update. Android phones are the top-selling devices in the world today with Google recently announcing that they are currently activating 1.3 million handsets every single day. Continue reading “Force your android to download OTA”