This fruit salad is tasty and refreshing! Especially great in the summer, but because these fruits are available year round you can enjoy this tasty dish any time.
For the fruit salad
- 2 small or medium apples
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 pound seedless grapes
- 1 can pineapple chunks, juice reserved, 20 ounces
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey, warmed
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Remove core from apples and chop into bite sized pieces. Slice banana. Mix the apples, banana, grapes, pineapples, and coconut in a medium bowl.
- Add the honey to a small bowl and microwave for 10-15 seconds or until warm. Add the pineapple juice and dash of cinnamon and mix well. Pour over the fruit and stir gently to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe notes: The bananas don’t hold up well in the refrigerator for more than just a few hours, so if you plan on leaving it in the refrigerator for a while or plan on having leftovers, I would add the banana to the amount you plan on serving and then add it to the leftovers when you serve it.
Also, if I were serving this to small children I would cut the grapes in half because they are more likely to choke on a round object such as grapes.
For more great recipes visit www.mindyscookingobsesion.com.