When the individuals or commercial owners have internet router device at home or office, often they are in need of finding the IP address of their router. IP address is nothing but the Internet Protocol address which is assigned to every router device by the manufacturer. If you are using the Windows system, this address of the router is known as the default gateway address. In the iPhones, iPads, and Mac systems, it is called as the router IP address. Whenever you are searching for the different ways to find the IP address of the router device connected to your computer, the following are the simple methods to find it.
Windows and Linux systems:
For the Windows computers, the IP address of the router is known as the default gateway address in the network connection information of the system. The users can able to use the command “ipconfig” in the command prompt window in order to find this internet protocol (IP) address. There is also another graphical way to do the same for finding the router’s IP address or default gateway address.
- First of all, you should go to the control panel by right clicking on the start button.
- Then, you need to click the view network status & tasks option under the network and internet.
- You have to click the name of your current network connection at the right side top corner of the control panel page.
- After that, you can click on the details button in the control panel window which will give the IP address of the router or IPv4 default gateway on the Windows system.
If you are using the Linux operating system in the computer, getting IP address of the router will be going on another way. The users have to click on the network icon existing on the Linux desktop and then select the connection information option. There, you will get IP address of the connected router next to the default route or gateway.
Mac OS X and Chrome OS:
- On the Mac OS X, you should have to click on the Apple menu given on the bar which is at the top of the screen and then select system preferences options.
- After that, click on the network icon.
- In the next step, you need to select the current network connection whether it is wired Ethernet or Wifi connection.
- Then, click on the advanced button at the bottom of screen.
- After, you must go to the TCP/IP tab and you will now get the IP address of your router device.
If the people are using the Chromebook, you have to click on the notification area which resides at the right side corner of the taskbar and then click on the connected to [Network Name] option in the given list. After that, it is highly necessary to click the wireless network name currently you are connected to. In the next step, it is essential clicking the network tab once the network details appears on the screen to get the IP address of the router to the right side of the gateway.
Finding router’s IP address on mobiles:
Now days, most of the people are connecting their smart phones and tablets to the internet router to access the various websites and mobile apps. The following are the different ways to find the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the router device on the various mobile operating systems.
Android – Generally, any version of android operating systems don’t providing a way of getting the network information to the users. But some of the special android apps help to do this process in order to find the router’s IP address. The android smart phone users can download and install Wifi analyzer app on your device to find the IP address of the Wifi network currently you are connected to. In this app, you have to tap the view menu and then choose AP list. Then, you will get complete Wifi network information with the IP and gateway addresses.
iPhone and iPad – Most of the people are now using the Apple iPhone and iPad device to enjoy the unique features and benefits of the Apple brand.
- On the iPad or iPhone, you should need to open the Settings app and tap to the Wifi option.
- Then, you have to tap to the current wifi network name you are connected.
- With this, you will get the IP address of the Wifi router.
192. 168.1.1 – It is actually IP (Internet Protocol) address used by the broadband routers from the Linksys brand. For more information visit this site 192168ll.net. Sometimes, other brands of internet routers and network gateway devices are also using this 192.168.1.1 IP address for accessing settings and various other network purposes.