The pea is most commonly the small spherical seed or the seed-pod of the pod fruit Pisum sativum. Each pod contains several peas. Peapods are botanically a fruit, since they contain seeds developed from the ovary of a (pea) flower. However, peas are considered to be a vegetable in cooking.
Peas are a very good source of Vitame A, it can be eaten raw or cooked actually we spent a lot of nights gathered around eating raw Peas, or cooked like the recipe below.
Ingredients needed to make this Recipe. (4 servings)
- 450 g of Peas
- 150 g of carrots (sliced or baby carrots)
- 150 g Minced meat
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of pepper
- 3 cups of water
- 150 ml of tomato juice
Preparation phase (5 min)
- Cut the onion to medium size cubes
- Peal and Cut the carrots the slices
Steps (50 ~ 60 min)
- heat the oil in a pane and put in the onions for about 1~2 min
- add the meat, and keep stirring every 5 min
- as soon as the meat are cooked add the salt and pepper then after around 1 min add the water
- as soon as the mix starts boiling add the Carrots wait for around 5 min then add the Peas (the water level should merge all the ingredients).
- After around 30 min, as soon as the Peas are well cooked add the tomato juice
- wait for around 15 min or for the mix to become a little bit viscous
Bon appetit 🙂